Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Escape Begins

Perhaps most bloggers start things off with something profound - I wouldn't know, and don't care to. I know right now noone reads this page, as I just created it mere hours ago, and it would not entirely lose its purpose if this fact never changed.

My aim is simple - I intend to distribute from this platform the occasional pieces of creative writing that I feel inspired to write. I will avoid posting for other purposes as much as possible.

What the contents of these pieces will be, I cannot say for certain. I will say that posted works will be relatively devoid of explicit language and content. This will not be accomplished through editing - I write them that way.

Also, when things will be posted is not something I plan on scheduling - If you are interested in seeing more in the future, I advise subscribing to this blog in an RSS feeder or other subscription service. I surely don't expect more than one entry (most will be 2,500 to 3,500 words) per week, as it takes time to edit and format them. If a work is overly long I'll post it in manageable parts over several weeks, this will let me finish adding the final touches to the last parts of a long tale while the first parts are available for reading.


That's about all there is to tell about where this blog is going. I'll start things off by posting the short story "Day 1 on Prosperity", which I submitted to a short fiction contest a few days ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment